Today we are featuring a guest post about The Wilds.
You might not expect to run into rhinos, giraffes and zebras in a small town called Cumberland, Ohio, but expect the unexpected at The Wilds–a safari park and conservation center that combines cutting-edge conservation science with one-of-a-kind adventures that include ziplining, horseback riding, fishing and more.
The Wilds resides on nearly 10,000 acres and serves as home to 31 species of animals -13 of which are federally listed endangered species. During a visit to the Wilds, friendly guides take visitors on unforgettable adventures while educating them about the animals and the important conservation work at the Wilds.
- Feeding giraffes from the back of a pick-up truck on a Wildside Tour
- Snapping breathtaking photos at sunset on an Open-Air Safari Tour
- Observing animals in their habitats on a Safari Transport Pass
- Horseback riding along the beautiful hillsides overlooking the animals
- Angling for largemouth bass, red eared sunfish, bluegill and more on a scenic lake
- Soaring high over grazing animals on a zipline adventure
If you need more time to experience all of these adventures, make it one wild weekend! Relax on a deck close to a crackling fire and enjoy a glass of wine during a romantic overnight stay in a yurt at Nomad Ridge, tucked away in the serene hills of the Wilds.
If the little ones are tagging along, Wild Encounters Tours are shortened in length and give youngsters a hands-on opportunity to meet critters up-close while learning about ways to support all of the plants and animals around them.
The Wilds is one of the world’s most impressive wildlife parks and serves as a world leader in conservation and animal care.Visit thewilds.org or call (740) 638-5030 for tour, membership and camp information and to make reservations.
What about you? Have you ever been to an animal safari park?