Here in Michigan, the weather is cold, the wind is blowing, and the snow is starting to pile up. What better way to get through long winter days than to daydream about romantic getaways? With Valentine’s Day around the corner I was excited to see that Booking.com (the #1 accommodation website) has created a list of the top hotels in some of the most romantic destinations around the world. Check them out and start planning your Valentine’s Day surprise!
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key, Florida
For those who want to leave the passport at home, head down to the Florida Keys and take the complimentary motor yacht shuttle to this secluded and romantic island.
- Start your vacation with a complimentary welcome cocktail, the Gumby Slumber, chilled champagne and fruit
- Step out of your bungalow onto the private verandah for gorgeous views of the ocean and to take a dip in your private hot tub
- Relax and unwind at the full service spa or on-site garden, library or yoga classes
Relais San Sanino, Torrita di Siena, Italy
This exclusive country house retreat in the Tuscan countryside offers four rooms ensuring couples a romantic stay.
- Enjoy private massages in each suite’s private spa bath and cozy up next to your Valentine in front of your personal fireplace
- Escape the rustic-style suite into the private gardens or take a dip in the saltwater Infiniti pool, situated in the hotel’s olive grove
Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Facing the Sea of Cortez, Las Ventanas Al Paraiso is a luxurious hotel that is sure to impress with wine cellars, hot tubs and private infinity pools.
- Enjoy a unique arrival to Mexico by indulging in the welcome bottle of tequila in each room (worm optional)
- Stunning views of the local landscape are magnified with the telescope in each suite
- Dine in one of three AAA Five Diamond Award winning hotel restaurants
The Yeatman, Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
This classic wine hotel, located in the middle of the city that gave its name to Port wine, offers guests a special romantic package, breakfast in bed and a terrace with panoramic views of Porto and the River Douro.
- Enjoy sparkling wine, water, strawberries with chocolate and fresh flowers upon arrival
- Indulge in specialty Portuguese wines every Thursday during the hotel wine tasting
- Share a romantic meal of authentic Portuguese cuisine made with fresh, local produce at the Yeatman Restaurant